Thursday, March 14, 2013

Winter blues, go away!

I'm getting sick of all the snow here.  I'm ready to fast forward to spring to work on our house projects: kitchen, paint the mudroom, and build a sawhorse desk.  Possibly paint the living room walls.  Then mother nature is more than welcome to hurry in summer!  I want to get out on the water in my new kayak!!  Hubby surprised me with it for my birthday!

(tweaked a little by instagram) :)

One thing that dawned on me the other night: it's green.  And, yes, I knew that it's green.  I'm not color-blind, and I do know my colors lol.  When we first saw it at Dick's (Sporting Goods), I fell in love with it.  The reasoning behind this: the 2013 Pantone Color of the Year is Emerald.  So, naturally, that can mean any tint, tone, or shade of green will be popular.  Maybe my subconscious was telling me something, telling me to love it, and bonus! it's green!  Or maybe it was just a coincidence lol.





A kayak is considered a boat (Noun, A small vessel propelled on water by oars, sails, or an engine.), I had to give it a name!  It's bad luck for a boat to be on the water without a name.  I think everybody learned that in "Forrest Gump."


After researching boat and kayak names, I settled on this one.  Sadly, I cannot take credit for coming up with it.  Oh well.  Since kayaks are obviously used on the water, I wanted something water related.  And I thought it would be a nice tie-in to have the font look like water.  Cute, huh??  I love it!  I found the website, Custom Online Signs, through a kayak chat forum.  I chose the Aladdin Expanded font in Peacock Blue.  (I chose blue to represent the water)  It's a vinyl lettering decal, made for boats.  The price and shipping was very reasonable, too.  I made one for my husband -- Fat Paddler, in the Agatha font.  Don't ask, but he loves it!





I love pink hibiscus, as well, so I ordered a vinyl decal for the bow of the kayak.  This beauty came from Vinyl Disorder.  It's 6" in length.  This might go on the stern.  I'm hoping they'll correct my order (I was sent this one when I ordered the decal with 3 hibiscus) for free.  And the new one can go on the bow.

Here are the deets on my kayak.



No comments:

Post a Comment